I have found the standard of games to be very good with the odd exception. Better, faster games bring their own challenges with speed of thought and foot being the main ones, but they also avoid some of the more ugly and sloppy elements of lower level games.
Inspired by Dave Garvey's post on Facebook here are some of the highlights so far.
- Most Impressive Side: H.A.C 1st (level 9 game so much better than I'm used to)
- Most Improved Side: Paulines 3rd
- Best match (Standard of rugby): LSE v Sussex Uni (fantastic Sussex fly-half)
- Best match (Enjoyment): RUMS v QMW (just for having a prop admit the penalty was correct)
- Best Host: Surrey University Ladies (fantastic facilities, great beers and a genuine interest in what I thought)
- Worst Experience: Refereeing my old side when the ref didn't show up and thus having a frost night drinking with them when they narrowly lost.